Thursday, July 22, 2010

my drawing class.

i am just loving the drawing class i'm taking this summer at the lovely torpedo factory in alexandria, va.  not only am i trying to spruce up my skills for those middle schoolers i'll be teaching next year, but it is just wonderful to actually take some time out for my own personal art.  during the school year i'm definitely around art all the time, but i'm teaching it and exposing students to it.  i get bogged down with lesson plans, new ideas, bulletin boards, report cards, the list goes on and on. so taking time this summer to be creating myself and for me feels really nice. 
p.s. i'm really diggin the white charcoal on black paper - who knew?

2 comments:

  1. Blair these are so great! And I didn't know you are going to teach middle school next year. So fun! They're going to love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ings! i'm doing middle and lower school art next year - so it will be a busy busy year! xo

    ReplyDelete