Friday, November 11, 2011

awkward and awesome moments in my pregnancy.

{i like stripes.}

thought i would take a moment to record the awkward, not so fun moments in my pregnancy as well as the awesome and amazing moments in my pregnancy in case these moments leave my mind in the coming years.

awkward moments in my pregnancy ::

1. the nausea that overwhelmed me during the first trimester.  trying to teach while your head is down and you are munching on saltines is no easy task.
2. receiving the comments "you are huge" or "are you having twins" from strangers is not the most encouraging.
3. when your lower school students ask "well how did the baby get in there?"  and "how is your baby going to get out of your tummy?"  i respond with "that is a question for your parents." 
4. when you gain 14 pounds in one doctor visit and your doctor says "wow that is rare.  i don't see that very often."
5. when my belly starts to bump and run into things because i don't realize how truly big it is.
6. how my back and hips are aching during this last month.  no position (lying, sitting, standing) is truly comfortable in the end.
7. sleeping on your side.  what i wouldn't give to sleep on my back for just ONE night!
8. the hourly trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  the really awkward part is the high kicks i have to do in order to get myself out of bed.
9. no one really tells you that you start to outgrow your maternity clothes.
10. those lovely swollen ankles.  aren't those fun!?
11. the fact that jeffrey and i cannot agree upon a middle name.  it is making me crazy!
12. trying to not think about the actual birth and just keep chanting, "i think i can i think i can."

awesome moments in my pregnancy ::

1. peeing on that stick, realizing we were truly pregnant and hugging jeffrey!  then going out to dinner to celebrate.
2. announcing our joyful news to our family, friends and co-workers.  it is such a FUN time!
3. the first ultrasound where you get to hear and see the heartbeat.  pretty amazing.
4. the second trimester rocked!  i felt amazing, the belly bump was starting to show and we found out the sex of our little one, which i was DYING to know!
5. discovering that we were having a GIRL!  we didn't care one way or the other, but finding out that we were having a daughter made the whole experience so much more real for us.  
6. working and designing the nursery.  i just love that stuff.
7. amazing baby showers filled with love and loved ones.  i felt so very lucky.
8. when jeffrey rubs and talks to my belly.  it kinda melts my heart.
9. when she moves around inside my belly.  we have a little dialogue going on.  at this point, it is really just me to talking to her.
10. glorious baths - the best part of my day since it is the only relief my back can get right now.
11. when jeffrey and i plan for her future and get all excited about the moments that are to come.
12. i know nothing will compare to the moment when we finally get to meet our little one face to face. 


xoxoxo


3 comments:

  1. So so sweet! Blair you are beautiful and have a healthy baby girl in there. I am always amazed at the crazy things that people say to prego women! Praying for you all these last few weeks! You're going to be great delivering that baby and you have an encouraging supportive husband that will help you through it. So happy and excited for you all! Come on Baby Helga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and truthful account of your pregnancy! I pray daily for an easy delivery and a healthy baby and mama. xxxooo Omi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! i Love this. what a dear and loving account. you are going to be such an awesome mom. and jeff a dad. hope helga decides to arrive soon, all ready to be hugged and kissed and held again and again. xoxxxo you. the grandmother who has not chosen my name (Omi is so cute, ann!)....

    ReplyDelete