Wednesday, March 06, 2013

weekend project.

well, we tackled some DIY chairs this weekend and it took alot longer than I originally anticipated!  BUT, they are almost complete!  we started with some chairs we found at the guild shop {for a total of $46 for all four chairs!}.  We sanded, spray painted white {i used a high gloss} and reupholstered the cushions.  Here are some of the step by steps in pictures.


 this step was loooong.  we dug out all those little staples.

 definitely, a two man job.  jeff pulled the fabric super tight 
while i used a staple gun {!} to staple the fabric in place.




i ended up going through 2 bottles of spray paint per chair!
and could probably still use more - the wood just kept absorbing the paint.

now we are just waiting for the paint to dry and we will nail in the cushions.


xoxoxoxox

2 comments:

  1. Heya i am for the primary time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot.
    I am hoping to present one thing again and aid others such
    as you helped me.

    My homepage :: Power Complaints

    ReplyDelete