Tuesday, October 19, 2010

a little cocktail party.

when my parents were visiting this past weekend, jeffrey and i decided to have a little cocktail party to introduce and mingle with some of our friends here in dc - old and new - as in friends my parents have met and friends they haven't met.  so on saturday evening some friends gathered at our place on  Ost. for a little cocktail party.  we had a grand time.  i must say we do love to host and i hope our guests enjoyed themselves too.

i heart this one :)
and we did miss some of our near and dear friends on saturday evening as well - so hopefully my parents can catch them on the next round.

we finished off this lovely weekend with another delicious meal from my hubby.  some butternut squash soup and chicken with potatoes and carrots.  i couldn't stop eating.  it was a wonderful way to end this weekend of good times with my folks.



3 comments:

  1. Jeff's cooking looks so good! I need to get some recipes from you all! So fun your parents were there! I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soup looks delicious! You can put us on the recipe list too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was such a fun fun gathering with your friends. and delicious dinner too by chef jeff! thanks for everything! and i loved meeting little miss Olivia....so so adorable.

    ReplyDelete