Thursday, October 21, 2010

middle school art: part 1.

here is what we have been up to in the art room....

5th grade: we studied spanish artist Joan Miro and his famous abstract paintings.

 
6th grade: Egyptian hieroglyphics with some Egyptian symbols.
students rolled slabs out of red clay, carved some hieroglyphics and symbols and then painted with metallic paint.

7th grade: a multi-medium project.
students drew a tropical bird - dividing the paper into three parts.
part one: they learned about seurat's pointillism
part two: played with gray charcoal
part three: oil pastel and watercolor resist
i love how these turned out!

8th grade: my favorite project so far! i'm so impressed with what my 8th graders can do.
students had some fun creating their own version of Grant Wood's American Gothic.

2 comments:

  1. oh! mrs. ainsworth i wish you were my art teacher! love all the work--American Gothic ...-so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....those are fantastic! I don't know which ones are my favorites. Probably the Egyptian ones. I love it when you post those pictures. It's so amazing to see what your kids can do!

    And I notice you changed your background. I like it!

    ReplyDelete